To research, analyze and resolve funds research and batch settlements for supported merchants and function as an integral member of the Financial Resolutions department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolves financial issues through funds research and resubmissions for merchant accounts according to prescribed standards and procedures.
- Oversees quality for the shift, including customer service, problem resolution, ticket documentation and ticket status reporting to the vendors. Identifies problem areas and acts as an escalation for difficult cases.
- Updates our customer database with detailed case note information.
- Resolves ACH exception issues and updates Billing.
- Assists Customer Service reps with locating transaction information on our network.
- Executes UNIX and command prompt scripts to resubmit failed settlements through the network for our offline customers.
- Assists the NOC with settlement issues utilizing UNIX and SQL command prompt scripts.
- Manages resolution of large or complex funding cases.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree in business (preferred) or equivalent and a minimum of three years of related technical support or customer service experience.
- Minimum of 1 year credit card or banking industry experience is (preferred).
- Familiar with other Merchant Link departments and their processes and procedures in order to properly utilize their resources to efficiently resolve customers’ issues (preferred).
- Must have a working understanding of computer hardware and software including Unix directory structure and commands, DOS (command prompt) directory structure and commands, most Windows platforms, and communication devices and protocols (including dial modems, frame, and IP communication).
- Must have excellent analytical and accounting skills.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills to interact with both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work with limited work direction.
- Must have excellent note-taking and documentation skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with vendor processor platforms and parameter specifications.
- Ability to learn and master credit card processing transaction flow for our various products.
- Ability to learn and master the various applications and processes needed to resolve funding issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- CRM database experience preferred.